Thursday, March 12, 2009

For the Love of Siblings



No one told me how wonderful it would be to see my two children love each other so much. I mean, I figured it would be very touching.. but to see that protective, loving look from your oldest and that adoring, I-wanna-be-just-like-you look from your youngest... well, it is beyond words. And I wonder if my brother Michael once looked up to me like that, or if he still does in a way. I know I still feel protective of my brothers, and want to just make them learn from my mistakes so they don't have to... which I'm sure comes off as bossy, pushy, naggy, or know-it-allish sometimes (ok, or maybe all the time). I hope my brothers know that I do it out of love for them though, and that my intentions are good. Being the big sister, I wish I could just fix everything for them.. make it all better by paving the way for them or something. And I wonder, being I'm their big sister, if they still look up to me at all. I think part of the reason I try to get things right the first time is because I don't want to lead my brothers down the wrong path.




But thinking more on my girls' love for one another, I wonder if I can help my girls keep that love intact.. whole, and without judgment. I know my brothers and I have had our moments of being angry with one another, but I think we all accept one another's love the way it comes. Or at least try.





I hope my girls always remember this.. that once upon a time Teagan was Everleigh's world... her idol... her big sister. And Ever was Teagan's favorite person, *her* baby, someone she should protect and teach.. her baby sister. And even though their relationship is bound to change, I hope they remember to learn from one another, and love each other no matter what.

And of course, take it easy on their ol' mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment